Tanzania Big Five Safari
Tanzania Big Five Safari takes you to Tanzania's best and most famous parks; Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. This is the safari ride for those who want to see all the big animals but prefer a slightly short shorter safari.
Of course, you can combine this trip with a beach vacation in Zanzibar, Pemba Island or Mafia Island. You can start this safari on any day all year round.
Highlights of the journey
Majestic old elephant bulls with huge tusks, black maned lions, hyenas, buffalos and many other animals is the worlds largest unbroken caldera
The seemingly endless plains are home to more predatorrs and more grazing herbivores than any other national park in Africa.
Price for this safari
- $1 890 per person for a group of 6
- $2 050 per person for a group of 4
- $2 490 per person for a group of 2
All prices stated per adult sharing a double or twin room. For groups of 3 or 5 or larger groups or contact us for price. Discounts apply for
- Children (under 12) sharing room with adult
- Youths (12-15)
- Adults sharing triple room
Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania
African Tours & Safaris staff meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight at Planet Lodge. Dinner is included. Drinks for dinner are not included.
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater
Wake up early and breakfast before your guide arrives at 7 a.m. 3,5 hours drive to Ngorongoro Crater. Safari inside the crater hoping to see lion, rhino, elephant, buffalo, wildebeest, zebra and many other animals. Picnic lunch inside the crater. Overnight at Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included. Drinks for dinner are not included.
Day 3: Serengeti
After breakfast you leave Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge and drive down on the plains of Serengeti. In Serengeti you get a chance to see many different animals including; lion, hyena, leopard, cheetah, jackal, bateared fox, impala, giraffe, eland, buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, dik dik, Thomsons gazelle, Grants gazelle, hippo, crocodile, wharthog, baboon, heartbeast, topi, klispringer, springbok and many others. Lunch inside the park during the day. Overnight at Tanzania Bush Camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included. Drinks for dinner are not included.
Day 4: To Serengeti
After breakfast you head out with your guide to discover the wonders and wildlife in Serengeti. Lunch inside the park during the day. Overnight at Tanzania Bush Camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included. Drinks for dinner are not included.
Day 5: Serengeti to Arusha
You get up before sunrise and do a two hour sunrise game drive before going back to the camp for breakfast. After breakfast you drive back to Arusha with a stop for lunch on the way. You arrive in Arusha late in the afternoon. Overnight at Planet Lodge. Dinner is included. Drinks for dinner are not included.
Day 6: Transfer to airport
We pick you up at the hotel 3 hours before an international flight and 2,5 hours before a domestic flight and drive you to Kilimanjaro Airport. We wish you safe travels back home or to your next destination.
Included in the trip
Included in the price
- 4 days safari in northern Tanzania with private jeep and private guide
- Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- All parks fees
- 2 nights at Arusha Planet Lodge including half board
- 1 night at Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge including full board
- 2 nights at Tanzania Bush Camp including full board
- Return transfers between Kilimanjaro Airport and Arusha
- All meals stipulated in the itinerary
- Air evacuation insurance with Flying Doctors Tanzania. In the unlikely event of serious injury or illness during your safari you get picked up and flewn to hospital in Nairobi.
- 24 h service by your personal guide
- 24 h emergency service via our office in Arusha
Not included in the price
- International flight tickets
- Visa for Tanzania
- Cost for vaccinations
- Laundry, Internet and other personal costs
- Drinks for dinners and lunches eaten at hotels and safari camps