Join us for a safari to Africa’s largest wilderness reserve with us. Selous is so vast it covers an area 1,5 times the size of Belgium. Discovers wild forests, savannah, bushlands, marshes, rivers and lakes that are filled with amazing wildlife. Africa’s largest population of lions, herds of elephants and many herbivores, carnivores, monkeys and birds. Selous is located in southern Tanzania and a perfect safari destination of your base in Tanzania is Dar Es Salaam.
Note: per January 2020 the former Selous Game Reserve is split into Nyerere National Park (appr. 30 000 square kilometers) and Selous Game Reserve (appr. 23 000 square kilometers) and this safari actually is in Nyerere National Park.
Highlights of the journey
Selous Game Reserve
Wilderness so vast you could hide Belgium in the reserve. Elephants, lions, giraffes, buffaloes and so many other animals, monkeys and birds. Selous Game Reserve is truly a wild kingdom.
Living close to nature
On this safari you stay in a small safari lodge without fences so there are chances of seeing animals right next to your lodge.
Add a bush walk to your safari and experience the wild nature of foot with an armed guide.
Add a boat safari on the mighty Rufiji River and see elephants come down to drink and cool of in the heat of the afternoon.
Day 1: Dar Es Salaam to Selous
Your safari guide will pick you up early at your hotel. After you pack your bags in the jeep you set off southwest towards Selous Game Reserve. After 5-6 hours you reach Selous. You will stop for lunch en route. When you arrive in Selous you an afternoon game drive. At dusk you drive to your tented lodge for dinner at night.
Day 2: Selous Game Reserve
You spend the whole day in Selous Game Reserve with great chances of spotting many animals like lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, impala, hippo, giraffe, dik dik, jackal and many others. Picnic lunch during the day. Back on your lodge for dinner at night.
Day 3: Selous to Dar Es Salaam
This day you get up before sunrise and go for a bush walk at dawn. After about two hours you come back to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast you drive back to Dar Es Salaam. You stop for lunch on the way. Your guide will drop you off at your hotel in Dar Es Salaam. We hope you have had an amazing safari.
Included in this safari
Included in the price
- 3 days safari in Nyerere National Park (former Selous Game Reserve) with private jeep and private guide
- All park fees to Nyerere National Park (former Selous Game Reserve)
- 2 nights at Africa Safari Camp including full board
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Dar Es Salaam
- Guided bush walk in Nyerere National Park (former Selous Game Reserve)
- All meals stipulated in the itinerary
- Air evacuation insurance with Flying Doctors Tanzania. In the unlikely event of serious injury or illness during your safari you get picked up and flewn to hospital in Nairobi or Dar Es Salaam.
- 24 h service by your personal guide
- 24 h emergency service via our office in Arusha
Not included in the price
- International flight tickets
- Visa for Tanzania
- Cost for vaccinations
- Laundry, Internet and other personal costs
- Drinks for dinners and lunches eaten at hotels and safari camps