Mikumi safari 3 days
A perfect safari to one of Tanzania's hidden treasures; Mikumi National Park. Mikumi is a vast wilderness area about 4 hours (by car) west of Dar Es Salaam. On the plains of Mikumi, sometimes called little Serengeti, you can see many animals like buffalo, warthog, baboon, giraffe, zebra, lion and many others but despite being close to Dar Es Salaam there are normally no hordes of safari cars here. This is the perfect safari for those of you who have only a few days to spare and want a great value-for-money safari starting and ending in Dar Es Salaam.
Highlights of the journey
Mikumi National Park
Experience East Africa's wilderness up close in Mikumi. Herds of mammals and roaming lions on the plains of Mikumi.
Living close to nature
On this safari you stay in a small safari lodge without fences so there are chances of seeing animals right next to your lodge.
Day 1: Pick up at the airport
Our staff welcomes you at Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airports. We make sure all your luggage arrives and helps you if there is anything you need to handle at the airport. You are then transferred to your hotel in Dar Es Salaam for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Dar Es Salaam to Mikumi
Your safari guide will pick you up early at your hotel. After you pack your bags in the jeep you set off west along the Morogoro highway. After 4-5 hours you arrive in Mikumi. You drive straight to your lodge for lunch. After lunch you do your first game drive in Mikumi. Back on your lodge for dinner at night.
Day 3: Full day game drive in Mikumi
You spend the whole day in Mikumi National Park hoping to see many animals like lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and many pthers. Picnic lunch during the day. Back on your lodge for dinner at night.
Day 4: Mikumi to Dar Es Salaam
After an early breakfast you do your finale game drive in Mikumi before driving back to Dar Es Salaam. You stop for lunch on the way. Your guide will drop you off at your hotel in Dar Es Salaam.
Day 5: Transfer to airport for your flight home on onwards
In good time before your flight home, or to your next destination we pick you up at the hotel and drive you to Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airport
Included in the trip
Included in the price
- 3 days safari in Mikumi national Park with privat ejeep and private guide
- All park fees to Mikumi National Park
- 2 nights at Hotel Mediterraneo, including breakfast
- 2 nights at Stanley’s Kopje or Vuma Hills Tented Camp
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Dar Es Salaam
- All meals stipulated in the itinerary
- Air evacuation insurance with Flying Doctors Tanzania. In the unlikely event of serious injury or illness during your safari you get picked up and flewn to hospital in Nairobi.
- 24 h service by your personal guide
- 24 h emergency service via our office in Arusha
Not included in the price
- International flight tickets
- Visa for Tanzania
- Cost for vaccinations
- Laundry, Internet and other personal costs
- Drinks for dinners and lunches eaten at hotels and safari camps